Friday, December 28, 2012

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Gift For a Very Special Person


Hi, all!

Have you recovered from the Christmas festivities yet?  We had a fabulous time here with the little girls - it was so much fun to see them enjoying all the fun, food and toys!  And now I can finally share some pretties that were completed in the last couple of weeks!

First of all, I want to show you a quilt our sewing group made for a very special person.  


Kathy is our "champion" on the staff at church, and helps us out in so many ways - delivering quilts, getting us funds when we need them, handling space and supply needs for us, and most importantly, being the "tactful" face of the ministry (tact definitely not being my strong suit!)  She doesn't sew, but has been an integral party of the ministry since we started.  We quite literally could not do what we do without her help.  So we decided to create a "dump and sew" quilt for her, using blocks made by ministry members, combine with orphan blocks donated by some of you lovely bloggers.  


We worked in some words....


And did some fancy quilting...



...and even pieced a pretty back!


Aren't those suns cheerful?  Such a great piece of fabric for a back!

So that's my whoop whoop for the week - a group project by lots of  helping hands in the Piece*Love*Quilt ministry, for one of our own!  It only seemed fair that she get one, since she can't sew one up for herself......

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

And now it's your turn!  

What have you been working on this week - 

Or what can you finally reveal now that Christmas 
has come and gone?

Share with  us - we all want to see!

The party will remain open until Sunday night - 

Be there or be square!!

Hugs!

Sarah

21 comments:

  1. What a colourful quilt, I'm sure Kathy loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice of you guys. I bet she cried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that term for the quilt, "dump and sew". I have nothing to share for this week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, cheerful quilt this is. Two things I definitely want to try in 2013 are "dump and sew" and embroidering words. I'm bookmarking this one as yet aother great inspiration quilt. Thanks for sharing, I know Kathy will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use up a ton of blocks and make a fun quilt for someone who really deserves it! I like that the four-patches tie it together and keep it from being less random.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your heart is golden Sarah!! I like the words you added in the quilting:) Maybe you quilting gals will rub off on her soon and she will quilt too?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt. She will love it. If not I'd love it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful quilt and gift! I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is awesome. Love how all the different blocks are arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A colorful quilt and wonderful gift, Sarah. Love the stitching on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt and lovely stitching! I bet the recipient loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this beautiful quilt that encourage my heart today on the strength of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great quilt and a loving gift. I love it when people give credit where credit is due. It doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bright and cheery quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just gorgeous!! I love how it all came together!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your quilt and especially like how you added the words in the quilting. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I meant to leave a comment yesterday but there was too much else happening. My favourite block in your quilt is the top left butterfly one, by far! it's just gorgeous! But that's unusual for me as I normally avoid butterflies completely :) love when things surprise me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had never heard of a "dump and sew" quilt. What a great idea! It turned out lovely and I'm sure it will be appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bright and colorful quilt! I'm sure she feels all the love that went into it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!